|Format||Intro||Mod 1||Mod 2||Mod 3||Mod 4||Mod 5||Dives 1&2||Dives 3&4||Spaces Available|
Options to Make Your Entry into the Underwater World Easy
- Group Classes: Classes have 4-6 students with a set schedule of either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday evenings for three weeks with weekend ocean dives or a complete weekend-only format. The cost of the course covers all instruction including supplemental kayak instruction, and SCUBA rentals are (kayak for the ocean dives, wetsuit with hood, regulators, computer, BCD, air tanks, and weights) is $325. The student is responsible for providing their own personal snorkeling gear (masks, snorkel, fins, boots, and gloves) and the PADI Open Water Crewpak. We offer a 10% discount during the duration of the course on all materials and gear purchased through Adventure Sports. Prefer not to dive in the Monterey Bay? Take our Referral Option and do your ocean dives elsewhere (vacation, back home, etc. (see dates at the top of the page)
- Private Classes with PADI e-Learning: $50/hr instruction for in pool sessions (approx. 6 hours) and $150/day for ocean dives (typically 2 days). You complete the academic portion of the course online at your own pace. Pool sessions and ocean dives done privately. PADI e-Learning through PADI is $179 (see link below). PADI Elearning Enhancement Crew pak is ~$50.
- Private Instruction For Less: For those who know diving is for them, we offer a unique package. Take PADI’s e-Learning and purchase a qualifying SCUBA Package and get private instruction the group rate! Savings start at $600!
Items for Consideration
- Academics: You must Purchase a PADI Open Water Crew-Pak which includes a student record file, dive table and log book. These are essential materials. There are Knowledge Reviews for every Module in the class text that need to be filled out and handed to the instructor for each class meeting.
- Equipment: You will need to provide your own basic snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, booties,and gloves). If you purchase them from us, not only do we offer a student discount, but we provide a liberal trade-in policy and a 10% off discount. If any item does not fit or just isn’t working, we offer a flexible exchange program. We want you to have gear that is comfortable, safe, and works!
- Health: SCUBA Diving, though weightless and extremely relaxing, has physical limits. You will need to have your health commensurate with the exercises of SCUBA. We have enclosed a check list that you need to answer no to all the options. If you have to answer yes to any, you must go to your doctor for approval to enter this class. (PADI Medical Form)
- The PADI Open Water Class Structure: PADI’s Open Water SCUBA course is meant to be taught in a sequence, i.e., Module 1 must be completed before module 2. Refer to the contract (Contract). The PADI e-Learning/Private instruction offers the most flexibility, but the e-Learning must be completed before pool classes can be started. Please refer to the schedule on our calendar, for the sequence of group classes. If you have to miss a class, private instruction @ $50/hr can be used to catch up but it needs to be accomplished before the next module. In Group Instruction you are committed to the Open Ocean Dates.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if cancellation request received within 3 days of booking, or 7 days prior to start of class. No refund or credit or transfer will be permitted if request received within 7 days of start of class. Adventure Sports Unlimited, Inc., reserves the right to reschedule or cancel class if it is undersubscribed.