PADI Open Water SCUBA
Take the Plunge! Join one of our PADI Open Water SCUBA Courses Today!
Welcome to the underwater program of Adventure Sports Unlimited. It is the longest running dive instruction program in the Monterey Bay and we have built the only custom facility on the central coast for your pleasure. Our objective is to introduce you to the magnificent world beneath the sea in which solitude and unbelievable beauty coexist. Join one of our unique PADI Open Water SCUBA courses where we teach you to be safe and confident in the water.
Options to Make Your Entry into the Underwater World Easy
- Private classes with PADI e-Learning: You can complete the academic portion of the course online at your own pace. Private instruction in pool ($50/hr pool sessions approx. 6 hours) and $150/day for ocean dives (typically 2 days). Certification dives include all rental gear (you provide your own mask, fins, snorkel, gloves and booties.) PADI e-Learning through PADI is $190 (see link below). PADI Elearning Enhancement Crew pak is around $50.
- Private instruction for less: Take the e-Learning online and come do the private instruction in the pool with a buddy for $75/hr.
- Once you complete academic portion: Call us here in the shop to schedule your pool and certification dives. 831.458.3648
Schedule your private class today!
Items for Consideration
- Equipment: You will need to provide your own basic snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, booties and gloves). If you purchase them from us, not only do we offer a student discount, but we provide a liberal trade-in policy and a 10% off discount. If any item does not fit or just isn’t working, we offer a flexible exchange program. We want you to have gear that is comfortable, safe, and works!
- Health: SCUBA Diving, though weightless and extremely relaxing, has physical limits. You will need to have your health commensurate with the exercises of SCUBA. We have enclosed a check list that you need to answer no to all the options. If you have to answer yes to any, you must go to your doctor for approval to enter this class. (PADI Medical Form)
- The PADI Open Water Class Structure: PADI’s Open Water SCUBA course is meant to be taught in a sequence, i.e., Module 1 must be completed before module 2. Refer to the contract (Contract). The PADI e-Learning/Private instruction offers the most flexibility, but the e-Learning must be completed before pool classes can be started.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if cancellation request received within 3 days of booking, or 7 days prior to start of private instruction. No refund or credit or transfer will be permitted if request received within 7 days of start of class. Adventure Sports Unlimited, Inc., reserves the right to reschedule or cancel if it is undersubscribed.