Bonaire SCUBA Trip
Dates: March 30th-April 7th, 2019
Boniare is a new destination for Adventure Sports and we look forward to taking full advantage of the protected waters that provide a safe haven for hundreds of different species of fish. Located north of Venezuela Bonaire is one the the ABC Islands in the Dutch Antilles, world renowned for its shore diving it is a divers paradise with over 100 different dive sites easily accessible from the shore and boat. Everyone here at ASU is looking forward to this new adventure.
March 30th-April 7th
- 7 nights in Deluxe ocean view hotel rooms and 5 days of 2-tank boat dives
- Boat on site
- Additional boat dives (afternoon, dusk, and night) available (ask for rates)
- Ocean views from every room and the restaurant
- Free breakfast plus drinks and snacks on the boat
- Unlimited shore diving
- Free tanks and weights for shore diving
- Nitrox available at additional fee
- Limited # of 100 cf tanks available (otherwise AL80s)
- Fresh water rinse and pool onsite
- Use of beach towels and kayaks free of charge
Divi Resort and Casino is a newly renovated but longtime fixture of Bonaire. It features ocean front views, private dock with access to wonderful shore dives and a fleet of 5 dive boats. Located near the center of downtown, makes any kind of activity convenient. There are 2 restaurants and a bar located at the resort including a casino and 2 fresh water pools. Other amenities include gym, business center and full service spa.
Most of the rooms have two double beds with a few rooms having a king sized bed. All rooms have a mini fridge, A/C, electronic safe, and cable TV. There’s free coffee in the lobby and breakfast at the restaurant to start each day off right. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and the hotel is equipped with a MagicJack phone for free calls to the US and Canada. Need some advice on where to shop or eat for evening dinners? Just ask the friendly staff and they are more than willing to help.
Bonaire is world famous for its shore diving, healthy reefs, and stunning visibility. Temperatures in April tend to be around 80-82 degrees Fahrenheit. We recommend a 3mm full suit to protect from possible jellies, stinging corals, and of course UV. If you are prone to getting cold, a light hood or vest can help increase warmth. Air temperatures tend to be in the mid to high 80s during the day and low 70s at night. Divi Resort & Casino will be providing us a private boat where we can choose our departure time in the morning. Tanks and weights are included with Nitrox(limited #s) available at additional costs. Each day of diving will consist of two boat dives with the group with snacks and purified water available on the boat. Upon descent, relax as you cruise over intricate reefs with overhangs, caverns, caves, and swim-throughs filled with a myriad of tropical colored fish, massive sponges, and flowing gorgonian sea fans. The boat drifts along the surface anticipating your ascent, making this some of the most relaxing diving anywhere. The reefs vary in depth and while some are shallow (20-50′), others are deep (60-150′). An Advanced Open Water certification is highly recommended for this trip.
Additional boat dives in the afternoon, dusk , and night are available with a 3 diver minimum at an additional cost. Free access to tanks and weights allow anyone to do some shore diving directly in front of the hotel.
$1175 – Double Occupancy
$1700- Single Occupancy
- 50% due 90 days prior to trip start
- Full balance due 45 days prior to trip start
- 7 nights hotel with ocean view and private balcony or patio
- 5 days of 2-tank boat dives, tanks and weights included
- All marine park and hyperbaric chamber fees
- Breakfast at the restaurant
What’s Not Included:
- Lunches, dinners, and alcohol
- Tips for hotel and dive crew
- Additional boat dives, Nitrox
- Car Rental